Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wedgie cheating?
A lot of people in this community (myself included) are really nervous about telling people they know about their wedgie fetish, even if it's their significant other. That got me to thinking about whether people should consider getting or giving wedgies outside of their relationship cheating. I imagine most people will say this depends on the specific situation. So my question is: do you think there are situations where wedgies aren't cheating?

For example: If a straight guy is in a relationship and he has a meetup with another straight guy to do a couple wedgies, do you consider that cheating? The meetup wouldn't be sexual since both guys are straight, but at the same time, wedgies are sexual for people with a wedgie fetish.

I'd like to hear what you all think about this example or about idea of whether wedgies are cheating or not and why.
(05-18-2021, 06:19 PM)cottonwedgies Wrote: A lot of people in this community (myself included) are really nervous about telling people they know about their wedgie fetish, even if it's their significant other. That got me to thinking about whether people should consider getting or giving wedgies outside of their relationship cheating. I imagine most people will say this depends on the specific situation. So my question is: do you think there are situations where wedgies aren't cheating?

For example: If a straight guy is in a relationship and he has a meetup with another straight guy to do a couple wedgies, do you consider that cheating? The meetup wouldn't be sexual since both guys are straight, but at the same time, wedgies are sexual for people with a wedgie fetish.

I'd like to hear what you all think about this example or about idea of whether wedgies are cheating or not and why.

I think this is something that falls rather clearly into cheating. If you replace "meet up to do wedgies" with something like "meet up to kiss" or "meet up to do spanking" it quickly becomes apparent that you're doing something that you find sexual with someone outside of your primary partner. If it's something that the person performing the actions wouldn't want their significant other knowing about then the set up is already pretty shaky ethically.
If ya have to ask...

But yeah if someone has to hide it from their significant other then it's pretty clear they don't think it's right. Also at least in my opinion this is all inherently sexual which just puts it a bit more in that camp for me. Ask ya partner first lol
Discord: Noob6737
(05-18-2021, 06:19 PM)cottonwedgies Wrote: A lot of people in this community (myself included) are really nervous about telling people they know about their wedgie fetish, even if it's their significant other. That got me to thinking about whether people should consider getting or giving wedgies outside of their relationship cheating. I imagine most people will say this depends on the specific situation. So my question is: do you think there are situations where wedgies aren't cheating?

I don't think of it as cheating.  Let's say you are into wrestling, but your partner isn't into wrestling.  If you go wrestle somebody, is that cheating on your partner?  Of course not.  Wrestling does not equal sex.  The same goes for wedgies.  If your partner isn't into wedgies and you bent down to tie your shoe and somebody gave you a wedgie, does that mean you cheated on your partner?  Certainly not.  If you saw somebody's waistband peeking out and you gave them a wedgie, does this mean you cheated on your partner?  No.  Now, let's say you are planning a wedgie meet and you don't tell your partner -- is that cheating?  I still think not, because you aren't kissing, or otherwise having sex with your wedgie buddy.  This is just my opinion, but I thought it was worth sharing since the other two people who responded seemed to be telling you that they think having some wedgie fetish fun is cheating.
(05-19-2021, 05:25 AM)royaljok3r Wrote:

I don't think of it as cheating.  Let's say you are into wrestling, but your partner isn't into wrestling.  If you go wrestle somebody, is that cheating on your partner?  Of course not.  Wrestling does not equal sex.  The same goes for wedgies.  If your partner isn't into wedgies and you bent down to tie your shoe and somebody gave you a wedgie, does that mean you cheated on your partner?  Certainly not.  If you saw somebody's waistband peeking out and you gave them a wedgie, does this mean you cheated on your partner?  No.  Now, let's say you are planning a wedgie meet and you don't tell your partner -- is that cheating?  I still think not, because you aren't kissing, or otherwise having sex with your wedgie buddy.  This is just my opinion, but I thought it was worth sharing since the other two people who responded seemed to be telling you that they think having some wedgie fetish fun is cheating.

For most people wedgies aren’t a fetish, just a prank. So no, if one of your friends gave you a wedgie just for fun, it wouldn’t be cheating. But actively meeting up with someone with the purpose of giving each other wedgies to satisfy a fetish, which is sexual, is most definitely cheating. Replace wedgies with spanking or bondage. Sure, you’re not physically having sex, but you’re satisfying a sexual desire. Some peoples partners may be okay with things like that, but not telling them about it at all and going behind their back would be cheating.
If you as a person are in a relationship with someone who is vanilla and you don't have conversations about your kinks and take it upon yourself to find other people with similar interests to engage in actives of those interests, you are a shady person and I feel for your significant other. If you have conversations with your partner and you express what you want to do and they don't have an interest, but allow you to satisfy whatever needs you have, that's obviously different and encouraged. But if your partner isn't open minded to that, you either need to respect the person you're with enough to forgo your kink or decide to end the relationship and find someone better suited to your needs.

I've noticed a lot of toxicity in guys into wedgies. From guys so deep in the closet to people who think you can justify going behind your partner's back to engage in something that satisfies them. I really don't understand it. The ignorance behind justifications because people are so ashamed of being into something outside of societal norms, blows my mind. If you have a person you are in a romantic relationship with, you cannot define what you do outside of that relationship as acceptable if you are going behind that person's back. Regardless of what it is. It shows how horrible of a person you are. A relationship demands honesty and respect, always. Even when you disagree. If your partner doesn't know about your kinks and you're doing stuff to satisfy that, you're in the wrong. I'm sorry, but it's not okay. And sure, use the wedgies as a prank mentality, but I don't know many guys who have given wedgies as pranks who are on forums and Instagrams and Tumblrs dedicated for wedgie content. 

Just because it isn't stereotypical sex, doesn't mean it isn't cheating. If you have to hide anything from your partner, you're doing something you shouldn't be.
(05-23-2021, 01:45 PM)Antdrake Wrote: If you as a person are in a relationship with someone who is vanilla and you don't have conversations about your kinks and take it upon yourself to find other people with similar interests to engage in actives of those interests, you are a shady person and I feel for your significant other. If you have conversations with your partner and you express what you want to do and they don't have an interest, but allow you to satisfy whatever needs you have, that's obviously different and encouraged. But if your partner isn't open minded to that, you either need to respect the person you're with enough to forgo your kink or decide to end the relationship and find someone better suited to your needs.

I've noticed a lot of toxicity in guys into wedgies. From guys so deep in the closet to people who think you can justify going behind your partner's back to engage in something that satisfies them. I really don't understand it. The ignorance behind justifications because people are so ashamed of being into something outside of societal norms, blows my mind. If you have a person you are in a romantic relationship with, you cannot define what you do outside of that relationship as acceptable if you are going behind that person's back. Regardless of what it is. It shows how horrible of a person you are. A relationship demands honesty and respect, always. Even when you disagree. If your partner doesn't know about your kinks and you're doing stuff to satisfy that, you're in the wrong. I'm sorry, but it's not okay. And sure, use the wedgies as a prank mentality, but I don't know many guys who have given wedgies as pranks who are on forums and Instagrams and Tumblrs dedicated for wedgie content. 

Just because it isn't stereotypical sex, doesn't mean it isn't cheating. If you have to hide anything from your partner, you're doing something you shouldn't be.
I think we get too comfortable with the terminology of things rather than the actuality of things. This to me is no different than bisexuality. Whether you view it as cheating or not, like Antdrake stated, to deceive your partner about what you want to do is wrong. Honesty is key my friends and you should be comfortable in having the conversation with yourself first before with your SO so that you can not view the meetup as deviance or more than what it is and you are more prepared to handle your partner's reaction. But we all know we enjoy wedgies for a different reason, so with that being said, if you like wedgies because they are funny, then this should be no issue telling your partner. But if you like them because of pleasure or it turns you on, I understand your frustration lol. But honesty is key again to a healthy relationship and if this is someone you care about and they care about you, I would just be honest. You never know, your SO could be your meetup!
I really appreciate all the comments. I definitely agree with the general sentiment here. Honesty and open communication are key to a healthy relationship. If you feel like you have to hide something, you probably shouldn't be doing it. The particulars of the situation really aren't as important.