Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Slave Terminology
Whyyyyyy do yall think the Wedgie Community holds on to the terms wedgie slave/master so tight (as opposed to big/little brother/sister, nerd/bully, dom/sub, etc)? Of course you the master/slave dynamic in other kink communities as well, but it seems like our niche corner prefers to go this route. 

Idk, I've had a lot of people throughout the years message me about becoming their slave, and as a black woman that's not the move. That's also, in my opinion, not a role that you instantly jump into with someone, but our community asks with the quickness.   Undecided

Thoughts?
I belong deeply to myself  Heart
Warsan Shire
Perhaps one thing to remember if this term is difficult for you is that slavery while always wrong has not always been racist. It has existed in most cultures throughout the world and only in the US was associated with race. I totally get it if the terms don’t vibe for you due to personal experience (being a black woman in the US), but for a lot of us the slave/master thing is just a nice representation of sub/dom relationships, and I don’t think race is even thought about when we use it (for me, at least, I don’t associate the term with race when I’m using it in a kinky situation. Idk of that maybe helps you understand a little better. Just trying to share my thoughts on why I like the words slave/master and am ok with them.
(06-30-2020, 09:04 AM)wedgieboy1818 Wrote: Perhaps one thing to remember if this term is difficult for you is that slavery while always wrong has not always been racist.  It has existed in most cultures throughout the world and only in the US was associated with race.  I totally get it if the terms don’t vibe for you due to personal experience (being a black woman in the US), but for a lot of us the slave/master thing is just a nice representation of sub/dom relationships, and I don’t think race is even thought about when we use it (for me, at least, I don’t associate the term with race when I’m using it in a kinky situation.  Idk of that maybe helps you understand a little better.  Just trying to share my thoughts on why I like the words slave/master and am ok with them.
I don't understand how in the same sentence you can say slavery is always wrong, but think taking the race factor out of it makes it any better? Slavery still exists to this day through human trafficking, forced labor, and other forms. Also race absolutely plays a role in other countries, anti-blackness is world wide.

Butttt, maybe this wasn't a question so much as a vent. I know people that label their dynamic as master(mistress)/slave don't usually think about it as being racialized, but they also don't have to think about the history that goes with those terms in doing so. I'd love for those to not be the go to terms in this community, especially as we're in a worldwide discussion about the impact of anti-blackness and white supremacy. I'm just one person.  Confused
Warsan Shire
Idk, I’m trying to see where you are coming from. I really am. I mean, in real life, I think the impact of slavery is intensely problematic and the racial injustices in the US are inexcusable and need to be dealt with. Nonetheless, when engaging in my wedgie kink, I very much enjoy it when a man tells me I’m gonna be his slave. If it‘s not a term you like, definitely avoid it, but I think it’s just another part of bdsm kinks. Like it’s not ok to wedgie people in real life who aren’t cool with it, right? It’s just part of the kink as a whole for some of us, you know?
Just two people. I have to go out of my way to tell people upfront that I don't like that language. The issue was really highlighted with the phrase "I don’t think race is even thought about when we use it." Nonblack people- particularly white folks- can throw that terminology around without having to think about it, while Being called a "slave" or "boy" in a sexual context both send a shutter through my bloodline. It's uncomfortable- it feels hostile and condescending, and there is no way for me personally to separate someone calling me their "slave" from the literal slavery of my relatives.

When srt8 folks were calling things they didn't like "gay" all the time to indicate they were bad, that felt hostile. We'd voice that, and in response we'd get "I don't literally mean GAY", or "I'm not talking about gay PEOPLE." They too would write it off as "just the terminology they used," but that didn't mean it wasn't deeply uncomfortable to be around as a young queer kid, or that it wasn't rooted in homophobia.

Of course, black people are not a monolith, and you're going to come across some black folks who don't care, but I'd much rather we move away from that set of terms being used so flippantly.

(Also just want to reinforce, as purplereign expressed, that slaves from Africa were not exclusively brought over to America AT ALL)
is no racist i just wedgie masta for any race, i like wedgie asians is good yes
Let me go ahead and chime in and say that nobody is seeing the perspective from the other side and that is the biggest issue. Of course if you are non-black/POC you do not think about things like this because that is what we call “privilege”. Same way if you grew up in a suburban neighborhood and never worried about if you will make it home, food to eat, a family, etc. where others think about that every time. And let us make this clear too. Privilege does not make you a bad person, but do not sit in someone’s face and explain your reasoning without first thinking about why this black woman even asked the question. And if you could not reach a conclusion, you simply could ask her reasoning rather than make it seem as if the term “slave” and “master” does not have negative connotations and that she’s not hip to people being fine with it.
And she was not saying it is racist. What she is saying is that given the history of TIME, people especially Africans were enslaved, stripped of their culture, raped, etc. and to this day, still is not fully free from discrimination and racism wherever we go in the world. This has nothing to do with racism but everything in terms of humanity. I am not your fetish. You will not objectify me and see me as your property like my ancestors and i dont care if “this is not the same situation” because a slave is a slave unless yall out here just being “trendy”. The real reason why people are so in love with it so much is because they never got the real history lesson on slavery in general. They never also experienced REAL objectification and think its “fun” and wishes it happens to them because they like to be oppressed when they have never been oppressed before. Lol it really shows that yall do not even know what it really means to be the terms that yall frivolously throw around to be “trendy” because if you did, nobody would easily dm her, me, or you on whether you want to be a slave/master and I said what I said.
oh if you are black/poc and you want to have a slave/master, that is your business but I want you to ask yourself why and educate yourself on the terms themselves because the schools have failed us in that right smh.
I just wanted to give my two cents on this subject, now before we start from my profile you can guess I am a male gay dude, I am also Hispanic so I can never understand from an African American standpoint but I want to at the very least share my own opinion on the subject but first let me answer the original question.
The main reason for master/slave kink to be introduced has to do with the BDSM community, a good amount of people in the wedgie community also enjoy BDSM and it is quite common for people in BDSM (not universal of course) to enjoy being dominated and 'owned' to some regard. For the other the dynamics I think Big/Little Brother/Sister is not always used is cause mostly people can find it pseudo-incest(as wedgies often times are used for more sexual reasons) though I have noticed this dynamic is more common with people who do not have siblings (I am new to the wedgie community so if I am wrong please correct me), dom and sub to be fair this one is kind of common however it is a very board category with like thousands of sub-groups so for most people they like to get a bit more specific (Though you do see it more often in the BDSM side of things)
Finally I wanted to give a special point to the nerd/bully(Or jock) dynamic I just wanted to say if people are into it that's fine nothing wrong with that, however if we are covering the dark history of master/slave it isn't right to not cover nerd/bully as well, nerd has minor problems with it (It was used as an insult, but has mostly changed) On the other hand bully, I don't think I need to explain the insanely dark past and still current going-ons that real bullying has caused many people as well as many horrid events and the insane lack of media attention, but also can happen to anyone regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, wealth, age, job, etc.
I also wanted to say as it is safe to assume all of us here are into wedgies to some regard but that was also used as a bullying tatic and in some instances is still used today (albeit rarely) well yes I will say it can also be considered a harmless prank, in most instances many things that are harmless pranks to most people have been used by bullies in horrific and awful ways as much as it has mostly died down it doesn't change the past.
Now I did want to end this with, I understand why those terms do bother you and I can admit as well that it does get excessive when people ask that stuff of someone when they barely know them as not only could you not be into it, but also if you barely know the person it can be considered weird/awkward. However I did just want to shed light on the fact that well terms like master/slave can be bad we also cannot fail to acknowledge that bully/bullying is not much better, now I am not trying to say we should hate all these terms but I was just trying to say that every kink even the one that we all have in common don't have the greatest history and in many cases still bring genuine harm to many people. Finally I did not make this long winded post to try and change your opinion nor rewrite history, but this has been on my mind for a while and I wanted to try to explain why some terms are not as well used but also wanted to explain that regardless of subject matter no kink is without problems, hopefully this all made sense I have a horrid habit of getting ahead of myself, if I had got any information wrong or you have counterpoints to my argument feel free to tell me them thank you for reading!
I feel like replacing slave master with big bro lil bro is way worse. Like now its incesty
(01-27-2021, 01:05 PM)Sunshinestatewedgies Wrote: I feel like replacing slave master with big bro lil bro is way worse. Like now its incesty

This!
It's been a minute since I've been on this site, but WedgieJock & TigerEye? Yasssss!
Warsan Shire
(03-12-2021, 05:09 AM)PurpleReign Wrote: It's been a minute since I've been on this site, but WedgieJock & TigerEye? Yasssss!

Had to bring that ass out of retirement but yesssssssss maam?