Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we know someone’s 18 or older? Seems kinda iffy when talking online and what not if they are
(06-17-2022, 07:24 AM)wedgie11 Wrote: How do we know someone’s 18 or older? Seems kinda iffy when talking online and what not if they are

Even if some profiles choose to hide it, you are required to give a birthdate when registering, under 18 are not allowed to register for this site. Of course people can lie. 

Getting to know the person your talking to a bit outside of just wedgies can help - it builds connection, plus gives you some clues as to the type of person you are talking to.

For in real life meetups, meeting in a public space for the first time is always a good idea. You could choose to meet at a bar or pub - since those places have age requirements. I usually agree to exchange ID with the person I'm meeting the first time - not just because of age, but it's a good way to build some base level trust that the person I've been talking to was honest about who they were up to that point.
(06-19-2022, 03:06 PM)SpaceCorgi Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 07:24 AM)wedgie11 Wrote: How do we know someone’s 18 or older? Seems kinda iffy when talking online and what not if they are

Even if some profiles choose to hide it, you are required to give a birthdate when registering, under 18 are not allowed to register for this site. Of course people can lie. 

Getting to know the person your talking to a bit outside of just wedgies can help - it builds connection, plus gives you some clues as to the type of person you are talking to.

For in real life meetups, meeting in a public space for the first time is always a good idea. You could choose to meet at a bar or pub - since those places have age requirements. I usually agree to exchange ID with the person I'm meeting the first time - not just because of age, but it's a good way to build some base level trust that the person I've been talking to was honest about who they were up to that point.

That's actually not a bad idea, might try this whenever I choose to do meetups Big Grin Thanks!