Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best undies for hanging wedgie
Just did my first successful hanging wedgie. I got this underwear from amazon, originally because I wanted to achieve an atomic (I’m 6ft so it’s hard to find underwear that stretches high enough), but when they came they didn’t have enough stretch to them and only reached my neck, despite being 5XL. But I just used them for a hanging to see how strong they were and they allowed me to stay up for 30 seconds or so without any breakage, but both belts I was using snapped. I think if I had a strong enough belt that would’ve lasted as long as I could take it. I did it both by hanging from the leg holes and then with the tennis ball method, and none of the elastic ripped at any point.

These are the undies (I’m sure any similar undies would work too as they seem cheaply produced)

Sock Stack Pack Of 6 Mens Organic Cotton Briefs Underpants 100% Pure Cotton Trad Sports Underwear https://amzn.eu/d/4jQQ3Za

If anyone has any other suggestions for good underwear/good methods for hanging wedgies please let me know !
So I don’t think this actually shows that the underwear doesn’t rip. When something is suspended from a system, the weakest part of the system breaks first. So if you use a belt that can support your body weight, the underwear may end up ripping since it has become the weakest part of the system. So to make a hanging wedgie work, each individual part has to be able to hold your body weight. I don’t know the exact calculations but for a fully grown adult male, there’s no underwear that is going to work as a single pair. You’re going to have to use multiple pairs.
(09-11-2023, 10:32 PM)wedgieboy1818 Wrote: So I don’t think this actually shows that the underwear doesn’t rip.  When something is suspended from a system, the weakest part of the system breaks first.  So if you use a belt that can support your body weight, the underwear may end up ripping since it has become the weakest part of the system.  So to make a hanging wedgie work, each individual part has to be able to hold your body weight.  I don’t know the exact calculations but for a fully grown adult male, there’s no underwear that is going to work as a single pair.  You’re going to have to use multiple pairs.

I definitely think I'd enjoy listening to a nerd geek out about the physics of wedgies. There is something to be said for listening to someone talk about their field of expertise or passion. But, while I'm sure the physics leason would be fascinating, I've always been more of a hands on learner - so while I'm listening, the nerd would also become the subject on which their theories would be put to practice.
(09-12-2023, 05:59 AM)SpaceCorgi Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 10:32 PM)wedgieboy1818 Wrote: So I don’t think this actually shows that the underwear doesn’t rip.  When something is suspended from a system, the weakest part of the system breaks first.  So if you use a belt that can support your body weight, the underwear may end up ripping since it has become the weakest part of the system.  So to make a hanging wedgie work, each individual part has to be able to hold your body weight.  I don’t know the exact calculations but for a fully grown adult male, there’s no underwear that is going to work as a single pair.  You’re going to have to use multiple pairs.

I definitely think I'd enjoy listening to a nerd geek out about the physics of wedgies. There is something to be said for listening to someone talk about their field of expertise or passion. But, while I'm sure the physics leason would be fascinating, I've always been more of a hands on learner - so while I'm listening, the nerd would also become the subject on which their theories would be put to practice.
Well, sir, as a huge nerd, I am very much a believer in the importance of empirical confirmation of theories through experimentation.  Would love to have a jock come and help me put things to the test Wink
I have good luck with Reebox boxer briefs. For hanging wedgies, I recommend rope through the leg holes instead of a belt and using underwear that has no cotton (polyester and spandex blend). I'm 6'2" and 165 pounds and can hang with a single pair